Project Coordinator & Executive Assistant
Are you energetic, smart, & well organised, and also want to make an impact? Well this may well be the perfect job for you!
Sumdog is an online personalised maths & spelling practice service that pupils love. It’s used in 80% of schools in Scotland and 20% of schools in the USA and England.
We’re at the forefront of an exciting ed-tech revolution. We capture a detailed understanding of each child’s strengths and use this to deliver tailored mastery learning. The results are spectacular. Our research found pupils using Sumdog for 30 minutes weekly made much faster progress against our curriculum than those using it less.
Our mission is to close the attainment gap by helping all children reach their full potential. Our particular strength is the way we engage even the most disenchanted students.
For many, this makes us the perfect employer. The work we do is challenging – but also rewarding and valuable.
You will work with the CEO to help him achieve his objectives, one of which is to find a route to higher growth. You will also be responsible for legal and HR administration, with the support of an HR consultant and our lawyers.
- ad-hoc projects. Examples: “form a team to film maths videos”, “research Vietnam market”, “create a new meeting room”.
- assisting the CEO: trips, internal comms, board meetings
- employee administration: recruitment, contracts, staff feedback, staff care, culture
- data protection officer: GDPR compliance, US data compliance
- contract review & filing
- maintaining & enhancing the office environment
The candidate should have experience in a commercial environment that demonstrates the following attributes:
- experience of running projects
- strong verbal and written communication skills
- solid numeracy & IT skills
- time-management skills
- ability to work in a dynamic environment, often with demanding deadlines.
- happy to both run projects on their own and also to be directed
Beneficial to applications
- honours degree
- project management experience
- GDPR compliance experience and/or qualifications
- HR or legal experience and/or qualifications
What we offer
- competitive salary
- central Edinburgh location
- 39 hours per week
- flexi-time and flex-holiday
- learning time (a minimum of two afternoons per month)
- share options
- an exciting and vibrant working environment
- a chance to be part of an exciting internet business
Above all, you will be us helping children reach their full potential.
Want to join us?
Want to work in an amazing team, and feel good about what you do? Then join us.
Send a CV and cover email to email@example.com. Include your phone number, and when you’re available for an initial conversation.