Student Data Analyst
We’re at the forefront of an exciting ed-tech revolution. We capture a detailed understanding of each child’s strengths and use this to deliver tailored mastery learning. The results are spectacular. Our research found pupils using Sumdog for 30 minutes weekly made much faster progress against our curriculum than those using it less.
Our mission is to close the attainment gap by helping all children reach their full potential. Our particular strength is the way we engage even the most disenchanted students.
At Sumdog, we work with a huge amount of data and this gives us an invaluable insight into the experience our users have. The success of Sumdog relies on our ability to understand this data and engage everyone: teachers, parents and most importantly the students. As a Data Analyst at Sumdog, you will collaborate with stakeholders across the business and external customers to problem solve, analyse and present the data required.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a student to join our Data Team.
You will assist with:
- running and compiling school usage data reports
- running and entering business performance data
- writing SQL queries and reports to help answer business questions
- automating regular business performance metrics.
- ideally have basic SQL knowledge
- good analytical and reasoning skills
- attention to detail
- excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
What we offer
- £10 an hour
- 8-12 hours per week
- flexible around your studies
- an exciting and vibrant central Edinburgh office
- a chance to be part of a fast growing internet business.
Above all, this is a great opportunity to be part of a company that makes a real difference to children’s lives!
Interested in this role?
Do you want to be part of an amazing team, in an innovative technology company, and feel good about what you do?
Submit a CV and cover letter to Eilidh at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are the right person for this opportunity.