How to use Sumdog for Interventions that stick
When students have gaps in their knowledge, particularly of foundational skills, they risk falling further behind and struggling to meet grade-level goals.
Your students love using Sumdog, and you can harness that engagement to make your interventions even more effective!
Sumdog can be used to find gaps, deliver interventions and also measure their impact.
- Identify the gaps – create a baseline assessment
- Fill the gaps – set a challenge to practice the learning
- Show progress and identify next steps – repeat the assessment
These steps require a Sumdog subscription.
Identify the gaps
Use Sumdog’s assessments tool to identify where the gaps are.
Select a topic then choose a skill to focus on. The assessment can also be used to measure the impact of the intervention.
We’ll give you the results in real-time, saving you marking time!
Fill the gaps
Set a challenge or a few mini-challenges throughout your intervention to give your students practice.
They can also do these at home, as a quick and easy way to set some focused homework!
Show progress and identify next steps
Repeat the assessment at the end of the intervention. This gives students the same questions they answered at the start.
After your students have completed the second assessment you can identify the progress they have made and where they still need practice.
- Assess one skill at a time – keep the focus on a specific skill
- Print out or download the results to keep the evidence to share with colleagues/parents
- Set a challenge on the skill after you have finished the intervention to keep on top of that skill
Download these tips
Download and print our tip sheet to refer back to later.
Not subscribed? Upgrade to add intervention tools.