To succeed in this role you’ll need to:
- have intermediate or greater SQL knowledge;
- strong problem solving skills;
- be comfortable analysing data outputs in terms of their real life context and reporting back results using effective visualisations of data;
- have understanding of basic statistical analysis;
- be comfortable and motivated to work alone, with good prioritisation and time management skills.
Any of the following may be helpful, however not essential:
- experience using PowerBI;
- an honours degree in computer science or a similar numeracy based subject;
- commercial experience in a data analyst role or similar;
- attention to detail and an ability to identify data errors through sense-checking methods;
- experience with using formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets;
- to be able to understand the aims and needs of other teams within the business, and working effectively alongside them;
- to have an enthusiasm for continuing to develop your skills.
Why work at Sumdog?
- flexitime with the opportunity to accrue flexi holidays;
- share options;
- bike to work scheme;
- a casual and comfortable central Edinburgh office environment;
- ‘Learning Time’ — two afternoons a month set aside for your professional development.
Above all, this is a great opportunity to be part of an internet business that makes a real difference to children’s lives!
Interested in this role?
Do you want to be part of an amazing team, in an innovative technology company, and feel good about what you do?
Submit a CV and a cover letter to Eilidh at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you are the right person for this opportunity.